Amazing facts about the amazing Spain
Spain is a wonderful destination indeed – and it is not just the Spanish who say this, but a lot of people from all over the world. Did you know that Spain has often been voted in the top 5 ultimate destinations around the world? Actually, in 2013, it was elected the third most popular destination in the world. This being said, let’s get together and look into some more amazing facts about the amazing Spain:
- The most popular sport in Spain is football. They won the Football World Cup in 2010 (becoming the eight country worldwide to get this distinction) and also the most popular museum in Barcelona is the FC Barcelona Museum, the one museum that celebrates the great Spanish team.
- Ridiculous as it may sound, the Spanish from Cadiz believe they were the first to invent fried fish. While to some putting the fish on fire may seem like a logical and intuitive thing to do, these Spaniards do claim to have invented the method. Moreover, they claim that the Brits also got the idea of fish and chips from them, although it seems that the sudden burst in popularity of this dish may have been due to the Portuguese and the Belgians.
- Spain seems to be a country that empowers women. Maybe this is an explanation for the fact that, as opposed to other corners of the world, Spain has a rate of about 40% women entrepreneurs who set up businesses.
- This may sound a bit strange, but the Spanish national anthem actually has no words!
- The Spanish love to chill out; this is not a myth apparently. There is a study that explains that an average Spanish person spends no less than 16 hours relaxing and sleeping. That, however, doesn’t mean that they don’t work a lot as well.
If you want to learn even more about Spain and its great people, rent a car in Madrid and travel around the country!