Amazing facts about Egypt – Part 2
Just how awesome is Egypt? Very! Just to prove this fact, here are some more Amazing facts about Egypt – Part 2.
You wouldn’t believe a desert to hold so many secrets. And yet, it does. Today, Egypt is a place of great contrasts and an outstanding tourist destination for everyone in search of an exotic experience. Ancient Egypt was also a world in itself.
1. Learning to write and learn can be a true fit for some. If you thought the Japanese alphabet today is hard, think about the Egyptian alphabet millennia ago. It contained over 700 hieroglyphs and it took true art to decipher! Hieroglyphs were first developed over 5000 years ago, in case you were wondering.
2. Egyptians in ancient times worshiped animals as the embodiments of gods. So they loved animals and quite frequently kept them as pets. Associated with Bastet, cats were the first choice; actually, owning a cat was a sign of great wealth and privilege. But they also kept ibises, lions, baboons, hawks and the more mundane dogs. Often, they were mummified and buried with their owners.
3. Egypt today is the 15th most populated country in the world, with over 82 million inhabitants.
4. As to the distribution of the population, 99% of the people live on 5% of the country’s land. Think about the desert and you’ll understand why.
5. If you are fond of playing board games with your friends, you’ll be interested to know they were actually invented by the Egyptians. Rolling dice, throwing sticks and moving pieces on the board made up some of the most popular games in ancient Egypt, such as Dogs and Jackals, Mehen and Senet.
Egypt is also worth all our attention as a littoral destination. If you are traveling to that part of the country, you may need help negotiating the busy streets. Then you can rest assured Sharm el Sheikh Airport taxi can come to the rescue.