All you need to know before traveling to Switzerland
If you want to learn all you need to know before traveling to Switzerland, you’ve come to the right place. Today we explore one of the richest, most prosperous countries in the world, its success and the things that make it a unique destination and put it on the list of places to see.
Switzerland has it all: a beautiful landscape, the tall Alp Mountains, fertile lands, the gift of neutrality and an outstanding standard of living. So if you are in search of an European El Dorado and if you can speak a couple of the official languages, you just might find a home in this earthly paradise of riches. At least start off by exploring the country – you might acquire a taste for it.
Here are a few fun facts about Switzerland:
- Languages are a great thing in Switzerland. The country has four official languages: German, French, Italian and Romansh. Apart from this, most of the population speaks English as well, so communication will most probably not be an issue here.
- Costing an average 4USD per cup, coffee in Switzerland is rated as being the most expensive in the world. But as for its quality, it also matches the standards, as does the much hailed chocolate.
- Switzerland is really a country of lakes, with over 1500 across the country. The beautiful Zurich Lake and Zurich River are the points around which the most interesting and rich of Swiss cities in the German area was built.
- You can rent a car in Zurich online if you want to travel freely around the city and its surroundings. It most probably will prove more profitable than using public transportation; although the transport network is very efficient, the prices are very high as well.
- The quality of life in Switzerland is the highest and the country has been rated the happiest in the word over and over again.